Let’s face it, things get old and soon or later you’re going to need roof replacement in Coquitlam. Look at it this way you will get old, your home will get old, even the planet will get old at some point in the future. As your home gets old things will start to breakdown some can be fixed and others will need replacement, fortunately there is a way to ensure that everything in your home continues serving its intended purpose efficiently; all you have to do is maintain them.
The roof on your home is very important because it protects you from the rain, heat, wind, animals etc. if you don’t take proper care of it you will have to replace it, the cost of which will be in the thousands of dollars.
This means that if you are going to replace your roof you must do it for the right reasons and hire the best Coquitlam roof repair company, if you don’t get it right you will waste money and expose your family to dangers such as collapse and exposure to deadly substances such as lead.
Under the right conditions the roof on your head can last a lifetime, but eventually old age will sooner or later catch up to it. Some signs that your roof needs replacing are;
- Age: most roofs have a life expectancy of 20 years after which you are not guaranteed performance.
- Missing/broken shingles: this will depend on you, you can either chose to replace the missing/broken shingles or replace the entire roof if the damage is severe.
- Moss and algae/moisture damage/leaks: these are signs that you roof has problems.
- Sagging roof deck
- Loose material especially around pipes, chimneys and other similar points
Generally the best way to tell if your roof needs replacement is to get it inspected by an experienced roofer; he or she will help you decide whether to replace or repair the roof.
New Roof Costs Coquitlam
The first thing that you should do is talk to your insurer and find out if your insurance cover covers roof replacement, the cover is usually dependent on the age of the roof, cause of damage and many other things.
Get your roof inspected by a trained individual, who will also help you help you navigate the claims process. What you have to do is get an estimate from a roof contractor Coquitlam (one with insurance expertise) and present it to your insurer.
On the other hand if you decide to cover the costs on your own, you should understand the factors that determine the cost of roof replacement. These factors are:
- The size of the roof: most roofers charge per square footing, this means that the bigger the roof the more you will pay.
- The pitch: if you have a high pitched roof you will have to pay more than a person who has a low pitch or slope.
- The roofing materials: the type of material will also affect the price, for example if you choose slate you will spend more money than if you chose asphalt.
- Labor: people work for money, this means that when you budget for the roof you should also look at how much you will pay as labor.
If your roof needs repairs, it is important to get it repaired as soon as possible, this will help you top avoid the cost of having to have the entire roof replaced.